The Carbon Underground
Evaluating Oil & Gas Company Strategies and Actions
Informed oil and gas investing decisions for the energy transition
The transition to a clean energy economy is one of the most important considerations in making oil and gas investing decisions. Some fossil fuel companies have started to develop and implement transition plans while others have been more reactive or simply maintained the status quo.
Challenges in assessing oil and gas company transition include:
- Lack of transparency by some companies, making it hard to evaluate commitments and measure progress
- Existing third-party ratings being inherently subjective and insufficient in assessing transition activities
- No frameworks to customize evaluation criteria for specific investor beliefs and policies
How We Help Investors
The Carbon Underground Transition Intelligence platform provides investors and asset managers with reliable data and insights about The Carbon Underground oil and gas company transitions — all in a single place — to help you better evaluate companies based on your unique investment, divestment, and shareholder engagement needs. See how we support asset managers, wealth advisors, and asset owners.
- Develop fossil fuel specific investment policies
- Customize divestment or dissociation screens
- Support third-party manager due diligence
- Engage with external managers
- Identify opportunities for shareholder engagement.
Asset Managers & Wealth Advisors
- Support fundamental oil & gas company research
- Identify transition risks and opportunities
- Track transition activity against financial performance
- Develop transition-focused investment products
- Inform proxy voting
Download Our Whitepaper
Energy in Transition: A Framework for Evaluating Strategies and Actions of Oil & Gas Companies
User-Defined Transition Intelligence Analytics
The Carbon Underground Transition Intelligence platform offers interactive, cloud-based data, metrics and analytics on 100 of the largest global publicly traded oil and gas reserve owners. Through a flexible and easy-to-use interface, investors can customize evaluations based on their unique beliefs and operational needs.
Transparent Data-Driven Transition Intelligence Metrics
Select from more than 10 key metrics and more than 50 data fields covering climate commitments, emissions, operations, clean investments and assets.